Thursday, September 22, 2011

Once Again School Is Getting in the Way!

As you may have already noticed, my frequency in posting significantly changed once school started here, as my schedule (and energy level) have made posting more difficult. I am working in two different Basic Schools (ages 3-6) 2-3 days a week, which I will describe in more detail very soon. Today I just wanted to give a quick update of what a typical week has been for me so far and to share a picture or two.

As I said, I spend one to two days a week at Holy Cross Basic School in Pratville and one to two days at St. Joseph's Basic School in Cross Keys. On Saturdays I am in charge of the Youth Clubs in Knockpatrick, Pratville, and Cross Keys, which has been a great opportunity to meet the kids in those areas. On the other days of the week I do "home visits" in those communities and visit a nursing home called Curphey Home, which I hear is the only veterans' home in the Caribbean. We work on the weekends, which I like because I enjoy being busy; it just makes it much harder to write updates!

This is Sasha-kay, me, and Annakay (who goes to St. Joseph's Basic School) at the rectory in Cross Keys where we were hanging out on Saturday.

Anyway, I'm hoping to post a summary of a typical day at some point this week so that it'll be easier to understand what life is like here!

And finally, once again, thanks for the comments, emails, letters, and donations. It's been about three months that I've been gone now, and it really means a lot to continue to receive your support and encouragement. I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment