Thursday, July 21, 2011

Albion Gully (photos)

Today's two photos are from our first service day in which we went to the Bosco Boys' Home and Albion Gully, the very small rural community so named due to its location in the gully of two mountains.
 In this photo I am reading and talking with two of the kids that live in the gully. The kids there were extremely welcoming and full of energy and excitement to see us.

This photo is of Omario. We hiked with the kids up to a cave, and he walked all the way down to the cave with no shoes on, so when we got there I became his taxi (not to mention he was pretty scared of the bats that we had disturbed).

Finally, I want to wish my grandmother a very happy 29th birthday! (Ironically, she really is still that young at heart!) I miss you, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment